Welcome! Our group is located in the Department of Precision Instrument at Tsinghua University. Our research focuses in the area of meta-optics. By engineering light-matter interaction at the subwavelength scale, our overreaching goal is to develop the next generation of miniaturized and multifunctional optical systems.
Recent Research Highlights
- October 2023 Yuanmu gave a talk at iCANX Youth Talks along with Prof. Howard Lee at UC Irvine and Prof. Pin-Chieh Wu at National ChengKung University on the recent development and application of meta-optics. Here is a replay of the event (given in English).
- September 2023 Yuanmu received the Young Scientist Award at the IEEE Optoelectronics Global Conference 2023 held in Shenzhen, China.
- August 2023 Shun and Wenhe won the Best Student Paper Award, Ruiqi (an undergraduate student in our group) won the Best Poster Award at the Light Conference Week held in Changchun, China.
- July 2023 Yuanmu is promoted to Associate Professor with tenure at Tsinghua. Huge thanks to all group members, colleagues, and mentors.
- June 2023 Yuanmu gave a webinar organized by Advanced Photonics/Chinese Laser Press on extreme nonlinear optics in ENZ materials. Here is a replay of the webinar (given in Chinese).
- May 2023 Yibo and Zicheng were both selected in the Forbes Asia “30 Under 30” list for their work developing the next-generation monocular 3D cameras.